CHOCOLATE LIQUOR SPONGE CAKE WITH NUTS & FRUITS
The cold weather is here and it's time to light the fireplace! At Nutty Delights we can't think of anything better than enjoying a cosy evening at home enjoying a liqueur sponge cake filled with dried fruits and nuts, in front of the fireplace. We leave you the recipe so that, if you also fancy the plan, you can enjoy it.
A piece of sponge cake of nuts & dried fruits soaked in chocolate liquor
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
15 servings 70 minutes Easy
|Candied Red Cherries||15 units|
|Pecan Pieces||70 g|
|Sliced Almonds||70 g|
|Dried Root Ginger||70 g|
|Dried Cranberries||80 g|
|Dried Melon Cubes||70 g|
|Corn Flour||250 g|
|Brown Sugar||150 g|
|Eggs||3 medium eggs|
|Chocolate Liquor||5 tbs|
|Ground nut||½ tbs|
|Ground Ginger||½ tbs|
|Lemon peel||From 1 lemon|
- Heat the oven to 160C.
- Put the nuts and dried fruits to macerate in the chocolate liqueur.
- Mix the butter with the sugar and beat with a whisk until creamy.
- Then sift the flour together with the baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder
and ground nut. Mix with the previous mixture.
- Add the lemon zest
- Remove the chocolate liqueur from the dried fruit and nuts mixture and reserve the
liqueur for later.
- Add a few teaspoons of flour to the nuts and dried fruit and mix well in the bowl, so
that the nuts and dried fruit do not fall to the bottom of the cake. Add it to the
previous mixture and mix well.
- Place in the oven until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven once ready, sprinkle the sponge cake with the chocolate
liqueur on top and wait for it to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate with red candied cherries and melon cubes on top.
- Enjoy with a glass of chocolate liqueur!