The Ultimate Almond Flour Cookies
Almond Flour Cookies
Almond flour cookies are pillowy thick, soft, and hold a chewy center. These cookies are about to be your go-to any occasion cookies. They’re vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and are a suitable option for those who are keto, too.
What is Almond Flour and Has it Any Benefits?
Before we jump right in, let’s discuss a little bit about almond flour and its benefits. Almond flour or almond meal is made from finely ground almonds. The consistency is similar to that of cornmeal or wheat flour and is the perfect substitute for those who have a gluten intolerance or who are looking for an alternative to traditional flour. Health-wise, almond-flour is cost-effective and ideal for those who are celiac. Almond flour is packed full of plant-based protein, vitamin E, low in carbs, and contains fiber. It also adds an amazing and subtle nuttiness to whatever it’s being combined with.
An All-Round Delicious Cookie
You might be on the fence about using almond flour instead of normal plain flour, that it might change the integrity of a cookie, but once you make these following our recipe you’ll soon realize that these almond flour cookies not only fulfill all the normal cookie requirements like crispy on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside and has nuanced levels of flavor. And, at the same time has more immediate positives like a healthy ingredient list and no refrigeration to hydrate the flour!
So, let’s get into it. What you’ll need and the method.
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 65grams of brown sugar
- 32grams of almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 260grams of almond flour
- Chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Get a large mixing bowl and beat the butter, sugar, almond butter, vanilla extract, and egg together until all evenly combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in your almond flour, in intervals. This ensures the mixture is evenly combined.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Keep mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add your chocolate chips and fold them in gently.
- Get an ice cream scooper or spoon to portion out the dough.
- Place on a baking tray and leave two inches between
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Leave to cool
- Eat and enjoy!
Other Types of Almond Cookies
There you have it, Nutty Delights’ guide to almond flour cookies. Now, just because we said chocolate chips doesn’t mean you have to put chocolate chips in them! You can put whatever you like. You could do:
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Almond Cookies
- Raisin Almond Cookies
- Strawberry Almond Cookies
- Peanut Almond Cookies
- Ginger Almond Cookies
- Nut Butter inspired Almond Cookies
- Walnut and Ginger Almond Cookies
Add Whatever You Like!
Quite frankly, the possibilities are endless for almond cookies. You can add whatever ingredients and toppings you like and they’ll still come out scrumptious. The plain almond cookie is just a catalyst for other exciting types of cookies, and you’re in the right place because Nutty Delights have all the ingredients you need until your baker’s heart is content.
Check out our full range of products here. Happy baking!