How to Make the Perfect, Healthy Breakfast
How to Make the Perfect Breakfast
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and you should always try your best to treat yourself to a healthy, wholesome affair in the early hours of the day. When we think of brekkie, stables like instant coffee, cereal, and toast come to mind. If that is what you have for breakfast every morning, but a little mixing and matching can make your mornings more memorable.
We’re not suggesting whipping up a gourmet meal fit for kings, but rather little steps you can take to help to achieve a more fulfilling and nurturing breakfast with Nutty Delights. By adding foods like nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to breakfast not only break the monotony but also offer a wide range of health benefits.
Start Including Nuts & Seeds to your Breakfast
Nuts and seeds like almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, sunflower, and chia seeds offer up nutritional benefits such as reducing blood sugars, blood pressure, powerful sources of fiber, and monounsaturated fats as all as being robust antioxidants that can fend off any free radical that may take hold of your skin and immune system. Which is very important to ensure you’re consuming enough of in the winter months.
Start your Mornings Off Right with Protein...
If you’re looking to introduce more protein in your diet and hunting for some sustainable sources of the nutrient, well nuts and seeds are a fabulous source of protein! Protein helps build muscle, helps maintain weight loss, and is great for your bones. It also keeps you feeling full and satiated. It is vital to make your breakfast as protein-dense as you can!
Let’s have a look at some breakfast recipes, you can make with us.
Hazelnut Pancakes are a paleo, low carb, delicious treat. They have a nutty flavor, super-fluffy, and have a delicious crunch to them. Let’s have a look at the recipe and how to make these easy pancakes!
What you’ll need:
- 150 grams Almond Flour
- 75 grams of Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp od baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 60mls of Almond Milk
- In one large bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add eggs and almond milk together and whisk until a smooth batter.
- Place your hazelnuts into a food processor and pulse to make coarse pieces. Alternately to save yourself some time, you can pick up Hazelnut pieces from Nutty Delights! Stir them in while also adding the almond milk slowly. You want a thin batter but nut a liquid.
- Heat your pan over medium heat. Pour your batter on the pan.
- You will know to flip with the edges start curling up and bubbles form on the pancakes.
- The pancakes should be brown on both sides.
- Continue this process until all the batter is gone.
- Serve and enjoy!
How great do these sound? And they’re relatively easy to make! Pancakes are usually a weekend-indulging-type breakfast, but let’s make them an all-the-time breakfast. These pancakes can hold their own, too. They don’t need butter or syrup to enhance them, they’re already great. Perfect for on the go!
Like many things, homemade granola is just so much better when it’s homemade, and not bought from the shops. Making your own granola is cost-effective, healthier, and tastier! Let’s start:
- Zest of one orange
- 175grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 150grams of brown sugar
- 200g of maple syrup
- 180grams of pumpkin seeds
- 101grams of sunflower seeds
- 200grams of sliced almonds
- 500grams of oats
- 133grams of cranberries
- 66grams of dried currants
- 86grams of raisins
- Pinch of salt
- Tbsp of cinnamon
- Grab a pot and add your orange zest, olive oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup over medium-low heat.
- Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- While the liquid is cooling down, get a big bowl.
- Combine your oats, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds.
- Add your liquid and mix evenly ensuring everything is distributed equally.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Pop into a hot oven for 2 hours, stirring every 30 mins.
- Cool it down and store it in an airtight container.
The Most Important Meal of the Day
There you have it. Two delicious recipes to make the perfect, healthy breakfast with minimal effort.
To shop our range of goods, check out our store.
Thanks for reading. Happy cooking!